A hub page for our work on development management
We offer a combination of Development Management self help support and a range of training tailored for your Council's individual needs.
If you would like PAS to deliver training for your Council this is the range of support we can offer:
1. Planning Committee training for Members - please see our separate page on Planning Committee training. This includes defendable decision making and a role play exercise.
2. Planning Committee reviews - a review of the operation of your Planning Committee processes and conduct
3. Development Management reviews - a review of your Development Management processes using the Development Management Challenge Toolkit to act as a guide
4. Development Management Challenge Toolkit - facilitated sessions for selected sections of the toolkit
5. Understanding your customers - officer training to better understand your customers and how to deliver a better service. This will look at all your customers including: applicants, consultees, local residents and elected representatives
6. Planning Committee officer training - top tips on presenting at Planning Committee - how to ensure that you start enjoying the experience rather than dreading Planning Committee day
7. Appeals officer training - top tips on attending informal hearings and public inquiries - advice that you won't hear from a barrister!
We will also consider other bespoke training aimed specifically at the needs of your Council
In each case we will either deliver the training ourselves or use one of our consultants who all have a long history of practical Development Management knowledge at a senior management level. We also use experienced Member Peers for training that involves councillors.
In some instances we can support the cost of the training through our DLUHC grant. If we ask you to pay then it will simply be to cover our costs as we are committed to supporting Councils at an affordable price.
If you are interested in receiving training please contact either Shelly or Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Outlined below is some guidance on recent legislation changes and consequential changes to certain permitted development rights following changes to the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 from 1 September 2020