How can councillors and officers help to position the arts, culture and heritage within their council’s priorities? A series of opinion pieces from councillors and officers.
- Councillor Mike Hill, Kent County Council
- Councillor Ross Willmott, Leicester City Council
- Councillor Bob Price, Oxford City Council
- Councillor Sonja Crisp, City of York Council
- Polly Hamilton, Assistant Director, Culture, Sport and Tourism, Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Alan Higgins, Director of Public Health, Oldham Council
- Claire McColgan, Director, Culture Liverpool, Liverpool City Council
- Sue Thiedeman, Head of Culture and Visitor Economy, Barnsley Council
These opinion pieces have been developed in conjunction with Arts Council England.
Value of culture
Highlighting the benefits that culture can bring to places.
How cultural services are being delivered at less cost through generating more income and achieving greater efficiencies.
Different delivery models
How councils are delivering their cultural services using different delivery models.